I am an amateur photographer born in 1982, living and working in Berlin, Germany. After I bought my first camera in late 2009 I gathered first experience in photography and started experimenting with ND filters in 2014. From then on I dedicated myself into long-exposure photography. Long-exposure photography taught my understanding of composition and light because it drastically slows down the process of taking pictures. Most of my images are monochrome which helps to create a certain timelessness to this kind of photography. Apart from that I’m also drawn to portrait photography, trying to capture a fraction of the human soul.
In my everyday job as a PhD physicist I work on optical sensors for space instruments bringing infrared camera sensors to life for earth observation and future space missions to Mars, Venus and beyond.
- Sony World Photography Awards 2018 – Open Competition winner – Architecture
- 4th FAPA – Fine Art Photography Awards 2018 – Architecture nominee amateur
- Magazín iLeGaLiT – Jan. 2019
- Digitális Fotó Magazin – 2019 no. 01 – website review
- COOPH Magazine – Quiet Photography – Jan. 2019
- FOTO HITS Magazine 7-8/2018 (full interview)
- Lighting Magazine vol. 50 – single image “The man and the mysterios tower” – 2018
- B&W Minimalism Magazine no. 10 – Apr. 2018 (online version)
- Kwerfeldein – Von der Idee zum Bild – Nov. 2017
- www.blackmagazin.de – single image “Into the unknown” – Dec. 2017